The Classic client allows attaching a SQL Server database from an .mdf file. When a database is attached this way, permissions to the object tracking table are not set correctly. The user under which the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service is executed needs permissions to this table. The service stops responding when you try to start the RoleTailored client, and the event log reports that access to the object tracking table was denied.
Resolution – Workaround
- Stop the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service.
- Stop the SQL Server service.
- Open a command prompt.
- At the command prompt, type the following command:
Sqlcmd -d “Demo Database NAV (6-0)” -q “GRANT SELECT ON [dbo].[Object Tracking] TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE]”
- Start the SQL Server service.
- Start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service.